What is a Health and Wellbeing Survey?
Few of us can be effective at work when we have poor health and wellbeing. We know that:
- work can be stressful
- organisational culture has a big impact on health and wellbeing
- organisations have a duty of care to ensure the health and wellbeing of their people
A health and wellbeing survey helps to get a deep insight into levels of stress, work life balance, job security, mental and physical health, covid-19 experience, sickness absence and organisational factors that drive this as well as views on health and wellbeing services provided.
Surveys can also explore anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, exhaustion, burnout, domestic abuse, blood pressure/medical information, office set up/ergonomics and other relevant conditions.
What are the benefits?
- Provide a safe space for people to be honest
- Gather compelling evidence
- Explore whether there are particular issues for particular groups
- Use as a diagnostic tool and contribute to establishing priorities
- Track change over time
- A survey could be part of a wider review