Part Time Research Assistant to 30 June 2022
Agenda Consulting is a research consultancy based in Central Oxford, helping UK and international not-for-profit organisations develop and sustain the highest levels of employee and volunteer engagement.
We undertake two main activities:
- Run employee and volunteer surveys for organisations seeking to understand how their people experience their role, their colleagues, their management and the organisation as a whole, levels of engagement and the key factors that drive this and how the employment experience varies for different groups
- Run a series of annual/bi-annual benchmarking studies which gather information from organisations in a sector and produce reports showing how each organisation compares with its peers and its sector. We benchmark human resources, volunteer management and financial management.
We work exclusively in the not-for-profit sector.
Clients we have worked with recently include: Alzheimer’s Society, British Heart Foundation, Diabetes UK, HelpAge International, Marie Curie, National Autistic Society, National Union of Students, Plan International, Rethink Mental Illness, Save the Children International, Sense, United Nations and many more.
Other Agenda staff members include Director, Principal Consultants, Senior Consultant, Research Consultants, Research Assistants, Senior Marketing Executive and Business Development Administrator.
We are seeking to recruit a part-time Research Assistant. The role is a fixed term position. We are looking for someone to work between 15 and 20 hours per week on a flexible basis. The role will start in November 2021 and continue until the end of June 2022. Key responsibilities:
- Undertake employee and volunteer survey projects
- Undertake the research and reporting for benchmarking studies
- Contribute to other bespoke research/consultancy projects
Agenda is a friendly company and we endeavour to provide our employees with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are currently working from home much of the time in line with Government guidance during the Covid-19 Pandemic and will continue to follow guidance for England regarding returning to workplaces. When restrictions on working in offices are lifted the postholder would be expected to work from home and the Oxford office in a mix to be agreed.
The hourly rate of pay is £10.10. The role will also accrue holiday pay.
The role will suit someone with research skills, excellent communication and writing, and a can-do attitude. They will be a strong communicator with good influencing skills, a flexible, collaborative approach and a strong sense of personal accountability and initiative.
Employee and Volunteer Surveys
- Set up and deliver surveys through our on-line software tools
- Undertake analysis of quantitative and qualitative information using our survey tools
- Produce online dashboards using Tableau
- Produce analytical reports
- Set up and deliver studies through our online software tool
- Produce all reports
- Manage client questions and queries
- Contribute to research/consultancy projects
|Skills and knowledge||
1 Able to undertake research and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information and draw appropriate conclusions
2 Excellent IT skills
3 Excellent writing skills
4 Good interpersonal skills
5 Organised and reliable. Able to make decisions, set priorities and meet deadlines
6 Strong attention to detail
10 Experience of setting up and managing databases
11 Experience of using stats packages e.g. SPSS
12 Experience of using Tableau to create online dashboards
13 Knowledge of human resources and people management issues
14 Knowledge of and interest in the not for profit sector
|Relevant work experience||
14 Experience of working in a research capacity
15 Project management experience
7 Able to work as part of a team
8 Flexible, can-do approach
|Education / training||9 Degree level|
Training and development
Training will be provided to enhance skills.
The role is fixed term to end of June 2022. If terminating before this date, the notice period is 1 month on either side.
Hours of work
We hold a meeting every Monday morning at 9am until 10.30am to go through the work plan for the team for the week. This meeting will determine the job holder’s workload for the week, including when key pieces of work need to be completed. The workload is expected to be between 15-20 hours per week and the work can be completed at any time of day provided key delivery dates are met.
Applying for the post
Applications should include a covering letter demonstrating how you fulfil the criteria in the person specification along with your CV. Applications should be sent to Nihal Widdowson at email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Research Assistant position”
The deadline for receipt of applications is 9.00am on Monday 1st November 2021