What is a Diversity and Inclusion Survey?
Many organisations work hard to ensure that all their people are treated equally, irrespective of their age, gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, caring responsibilities and other characteristics.
They do this to create an inclusive culture and know that this drives organisational effectiveness.
- Identify if there are particular groups who do not get the same experience as others
- Take specific initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion
- Set up relevant groups and review policies and procedures as appropriate
- Recognise that bias is frequently unconscious, and that moving forward takes sustained effort over a number of years.
A diversity and inclusion survey helps an organisation to track its progress on this journey and decide its next steps.
What are the benefits?
- Listen to the experiences of your people and whether this varies for different groups
- Identify groups who feel less included and if so why
- Understand how well your initiatives are landing
- Benchmark your results with other organisations
- Obtain compelling evidence to drive change