At Agenda we help not-for-profit organisations run surveys to measure and sustain high levels of employee and volunteer engagement.
But do we practise what we preach and gather feedback from our own team?
The good news is yes, we do! We’ve been running full engagement surveys for a while now, in February each year.
The 2021 survey
Our 2021 survey was our first during the COVID-19 pandemic. There were a number of areas to celebrate, as well as issues to address in areas including safeguarding, wellbeing and fair reward.
This led to us implementing the following changes:
- We set up a wellbeing group to develop and lead our wellbeing initiatives
- We trained three team members as Mental Health First Aiders
- We created a new Senior Research Consultant grade
- We reviewed salaries across the organisation
- We updated our workload planning processes
The 2022 survey
In our 2022 survey we were delighted that there were improvements in a number of areas that we had prioritised previously.
Interestingly, Communication, Leadership, Values and Culture were all areas to celebrate from the 2021 survey. We felt they stood out in 2022 as areas to explore, as they had seen a drop in positivity compared to the previous year.
We discussed the 2022 survey results with the whole team, identified six priorities, and created a working group for each.
Progress to date includes:
- Creation of a monthly communications forum
- Finalisation of Agenda values
- Work towards a whole-team wellbeing strategy
- Good progress on a review of our benefits
- Work towards a shared learning framework
“The Agenda Engagement Survey is a gift which keeps giving. It helps us to understand the pain points for the team, and once we know this, we can address the issues. It contributes to our culture of good two-way communication.” – Roger Parry, Director, Agenda Consulting
We will be running the survey again in 2023 and tracking how we have improved and what we need to address to further enhance the team’s experience.
If you have any questions about how we run our own Engagement Surveys, we’d love to hear from you.
Senior Marketing Executive